There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, 6 May 2012

the harsh reality

Falling behind at work, our department has a backlog of work that needs processing. So much extra work in fact, that, our managers decided to create a new shift to handle the workload. This new shift is called the "morning shift " , and, it begins at 6 a.m.

Presently, being a zombie, and rarely seeing the sun, I finish my day greeted by a huge ball of plasma when I exit the building. This accursed star stabs it's bright pain into my eyes when I walk out the door. Everything is burning hot, I can feel it through the soles of my shoes while I walk to my car. I can almost feel my skin sizzling in the flare, and I am overcome with a wave of terrible heat, when I enter my car to drive home.

Don`t get me wrong, the quality of light is excellent, but, the shadows are harsh and delineated, and the wild things of the night are hiding in their safe places.

And it`s so noisy. Those birds in the morning are screaming at each other.

Soon, I`ll be back on my regular shift, but for now, I guess I`m a daytime zombie.

No comments:

Post a Comment